Internal Engine Damage
To determine if internal engine damage is causing no start condition, perform the following steps:
- Install a 3/4 in. breaker bar or ratchet and attempt to bar the engine over by hand.
- Determine severity of internal engine damage.
- If the engine rotates freely, inspect the starter. Refer to "2.3 Defective Starter" .
- If the engine binds and will not rotate freely, inspect for internal engine damage
- Repair or replace damaged components if found.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- To determine if the new components resolved no start condition, attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|