Empty Fuel Tank
Check as follows:
- Check OEM guidelines to determine the amount of fuel in fuel tank.
- If fuel is at recommended level, check for a weak battery; go to step 6 and corroded battery terminals, refer to "3.2 Corroded or Damaged Battery Terminals" .
- If fuel is below recommended level, fill fuel tank to full. Refer to OEM guidelines.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the battery; refer to "3.2 Corroded or Damaged Battery Terminals" .
- Measure and record the voltage at the battery terminals; refer to OEM guidelines.
- If the voltage recorded is at recommended OEM specifications and the engine failed to start, check the magnetic switch; refer to "2.2 Defective Magnetic Switch" .
- If the voltage recorded is below OEM specifications and the engine failed to start, load test the batteries. Refer to OEM guidelines. If a battery fails the load test, replace the battery.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|