Corroded or Damaged Battery Terminals
Check as follows:
- Visually inspect terminals for corrosion or damage.
- Repair or replace any corroded or damaged terminals and tighten any loose connections; refer to OEM guidelines.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check for a defective starter, refer to "3.3 Defective Starter" .
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|