EGR Circuit Issues
Check as follows:
- Check the EGR valve and actuator first by sweeping for smoothness. Is binding is present?
- If yes, remove actuator arm and sweep both. If one or the other binds, change the part.
- If no, go to the next step.
- Check the EGR valve for excessive soot buildup.
- If buildup exists, clean or replace the part.
- If no buildup exists, go to the next step.
- Check the delivery pipe.
- If soot is found, clean the pipe.
- If no soot is found, go to the next step.
- Check the Delta P for leaks and blockage.
- If leaks and blockage exist, clean or change the part.
- If there are no leaks and blockage, refer to "6.7 Cracked or Leaking Intake Manifold"