Low Battery Voltage
Check as follows:
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and run the engine.
- Measure the battery voltage; refer to OEM guidelines.
- If the battery voltage is greater than or equal to 10.5 volts, check for aerated fuel; refer to "9.2 Aerated Fuel" .
- If the battery voltage is less than 10.5 volts, replace the battery; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Once the battery is replaced, start and run the engine.
- Run the engine at idle with a no-load for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the engine coolant to reach normal operating range, 88-96°C (190-210°F).
- If the engine is not running rough or stalling, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine is running rough or stalling shut down the engine. Check for aerated fuel; refer to "9.2 Aerated Fuel" .
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|