Check as follows:
- Check belt conditions for the fan and water pump belts.
- If the belts are not in good conditions, replace them.
- If the belts are OK, go to the next step.
- Check the condition of the tensioner springs.
- If the springs are not in good conditions, replace the tensioner.
- If the springs are OK, go to the next step
- Check the condition of the idler and accessory drive pulleys. Replace and repair as necessary.
- Start and run the engine.
- Run the engine through its operating range with no-load for approximately five minutes, allowing the engine coolant to reach normal operating range.
- If the engine coolant temperature is 88-96°C (190-210°F), no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine coolant temperature is not 88-96°C (190-210°F), shut down the engine. Check thermo-modulated fan; refer to "11.6 Inoperative Thermo-Modulated Fan"