Faulty Water Pump
Check as follows:
- Remove the water pump; refer to the EPA07 DD15 Workshop Manual (DDC-SVC-MAN-0002), cooling system chapter.
- Inspect the pulley, shaft, and impeller for damage. If damaged, replace the water pump.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and run the engine.
- Run the engine through its operating range with no-load for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the engine coolant to reach normal operating range.
- If the engine coolant temperature is 85-95°C (185-203°F), no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If the engine coolant temperature is above 85-95°C (185-203°F), shut down the engine. Check combustion gases in coolant.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|