SPN 103/FMI 0
This diagnosis is typically turbocharger speed below threshold (Low Box).
Check as follows:
- Inspect the entire air intake system for leaks and/or restrictions.
- If leaks or restrictions are found, repair as necessary. Refer to "26.1.1 Verify Repairs" .
- If no air intake system leaks or restrictions are found, go to the next step.
- Connect to DDDL 7.0
- Turn the ignition ON (key On, engine OFF).
- Perform the DDDL Turbo Hysteresis Test.
- If the test passed, replace the Turbo Speed Sensor (TSS). Refer to "26.1.1 Verify Repairs" .
- If the test failed, refer to the HDE Service Manual (6SE800).
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|