SPN 411/FMI 13
This diagnosis is typically EGR Delta P Sensor out of calibration.
Check as follows”
- Disconnect the EGR Delta P Sensor.
- Inspect the EGR Delta P Sensor connector for bent, spread or corroded pins.
- If pin damage is found, repair as necessary. Refer to "39.5.1 Verify Repairs" .
- If no pin damage is found, go to the next step.
- Replace the EGR Delta P Sensor. When the sensor is replaced, connect DDDL 7.0 and perform the EGR valve calibration service routine.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|