SPN 1071/FMI 3
This fault code indicates that there is a short to power.
Check as follows:
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the fan control solenoid connector.
- Turn the ignition ON (key On, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 1 of the fan control solenoid connector and ground.
- If the voltage is greater than 11.5 volts, repair the short to power between pin 1 of the fan control solenoid connector and pin 33 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to "78.1.1 Verify Repairs" .
- If the voltage is less than 11.5 volts, replace the fan control solenoid. Refer to "78.1.1 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|