SPN 1071/FMI 4
This fault indicates that there is a short to ground.
Check as follows:
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the fan control solenoid.
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the fan control solenoid and ground.
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short to ground between pin 1 of the fan control solenoid and pin 33 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to "78.2.1 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, repair the short to ground between pin 2 of the fan control solenoid and pin 91 of the 120–pin MCM connector. Refer to "78.2.1 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|