SPN 1072/FMI 5
This fault code indicates that the Jake Brake Stage 1 circuit failed open.
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the front injector valve cover harness.
- Measure the resistance between pin 13 and 14 on the valve cover side of the front injector harness. If you are using J-48671–10 , measure across Jake 1 pins.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 14 on the engine harness side of the valve cover harness and ground.
- If the voltage is less than 11.5 volts, repair the cause of low voltage between pin 91 of the MCM 120–pin connector and pin 14 of the valve cover harness connector. Refer to "79.2.1 Verify Repairs" .
- If the voltage is greater than 11.5 vots, repair the open between pin 13 of the valve cover harness connector and pin 66 of the MCM 120–pin connector. Refer to "79.2.1 Verify Repairs" .
- Remove the valve cover.
- Disconnect the front Jake Brake solenoid.
- Measure the resistance across the Jake Brake solenoid.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
To avoid injury from inhaling engine exhaust, always operate the engine in a well-ventilated area. Engine exhaust is toxic.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 DD15 Troubleshooting Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0029|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|