Quantity Control Valve
The quality control valve is located on the high pressure pump. The quality control valve regulates rail pressure and fuel feed to the high pressure pump.
Removal of QuaNTity Control Valve
Remove as follows:
- Drain the fuel filter module by removing one of the fuel filters or by using the water in fuel drain.
- Remove the top three fuel lines from the fuel filter module to the high pressure pump.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the quantity control valve
- Remove the three bolts attaching the quantity control valve to the high pressure pump.
- Remove the quantity control valve
- Clean the housing on the high pressure fuel pump.
Installation of Quantity Control Valve
Install as follows:
- Lubricate the O-ring seal on the new quantity control valve with clean diesel fuel.
- Install the new quantity control valve and torque the three attaching bolts to 8 Nm (6 ft/lb).
- Connect the electrical connector for the quantity control valve.
- Install the top three fuel lines from the fuel filter module to the high pressure pump.
- Emergency lubrication line to 23 Nm (17 ft/lb).
- Fuel inlet for high pressure pump to 30 Nm (22 ft/lb).
- Fuel return for high pressure pump to 30 Nm (22 ft/lb).
- Prime system using fuel priming valve or hand primer. Refer to "6.5 Fuel System Priming" , “Fuel System Priming.”
|DD15 Fuel System Technician's Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0037|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|