Low Pressure Pump
1.High Pressure Pump
2. Low Pressure Pump
The low pressure fuel pump is mounted on the high pressure fuel pump. The fuel pump pulls fuel from the fuel tank through the fuel heat exchanger for the Motor Control Module (MCM).
Removal of the Low Pressure Pump
Remove as follows:
- Disconnect batteries.
- Drain fuel filter module by removing one of the fuel filters or by using the water-in fuel-drain.
- Remove bottom two fuel lines from the fuel filter module to the high pressure pump.
- Remove three bolts attaching the low pressure pump to the high pressure pump.
- Remove low pressure pump.
- Clean housing around the high pressure fuel pump.
- Inspect the “Oldham” coupling on the high pressure pump and replace high pressure pump if worn or damaged.
Installation of the Low Pressure Pump
Install as follows:
- Install low pressure pump to the high pressure pump with new O-rings and torque bolts to 8 Nm (6 ft/lb).
- Install bottom two fuel lines from the fuel filter module to the high pressure pump.
- Fuel inlet for low pressure pump to 45 Nm (33 ft/lb).
- Fuel return for low pressure pump to 45 Nm (33 ft/lb).
- Connect batteries.
- Prime system using fuel priming valve or hand primer. Refer to "6.5 Fuel System Priming" , “Fuel System Priming.”
|DD15 Fuel System Technician's Guide - DDC-SVC-MAN-0037|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|