Troubleshooting Flash Code 26
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 26.
Multiple Code Check
Perform the following steps to check for multiple codes.
- Turn ignition ON. Start and run the engine.
- Plug in DDR.
- Read active codes.
- If codes s 25/11 or s 61/11 are logged, refer to "26.3.2 Check Calibration Configuration" .
- If codes s 25/11 and s 61/11 are not logged, refer to "9.1 First Step for Diagnosing a Fault Within the DDEC System" .
Check Calibration Configuration
Perform the following steps to check the calibration configuration:
- Select ECM input/output configuration.
- Determine cavity and wire number that is causing code to be logged.
- Select switch/light status.
- Determine status of that wire/cavity.
- If the switch reads OFF, refer to "26.3.3 Confirm Switch Status" .
- If the switch reads ON, the OEM supplied switch/relay is grounding the wire or a short to ground exists. Determine OEM supplied device or repair the short. Refer to "26.3.4 Verify Repairs" .
- If no OEM device is used, remove the wire from the connector and plug, or use programming station to disable the function.
Confirm Switch Status
Perform the following steps to confirm switch status:
- Start and run the engine for one minute.
- Again, read switch status.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs:
- Turn ignition ON.
- Clear codes with DDR.
- Note status of CEL/SEL.
- If CEL/SEL not on, start and run the engine for one minute.
- Read active and inactive codes.
- If no codes are logged, troubleshooting is complete.
- If codes 25 or 61/11 and any other codes are logged, all system diagnostics are complete. Review this section from the first step to find the error. Refer to "26.3.1 Multiple Code Check" .
- If codes 25 or 61/11 are not logged, but other codes are logged, refer to "9.1 First Step for Diagnosing a Fault Within the DDEC System" .
|DDEC III/IV Single ECM Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE497|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|