Series 50/60 Faulty Fuel Injector Test
Perform the following steps for servicing faulty fuel injector assembly(s):
- Remove and replace injector assembly(s) whose pulse width values are within 0.2 degrees of the NO CUTOUT PULSE WIDTH.
- Verify replaced injector assembly(s).
Perform the following steps to verify if the replaced fuel injector(s) resolved the misfiring cylinder condition:
- Start the engine.
- Run the engine speed up to the occurrence of the misfiring.
- Listen for misfiring cylinder.
- If the engine is not misfiring, shut down the engine. No further troubleshooting is required.
- If the engine is misfiring, shut down the engine and check for a faulty electronic control module.
|Unit Fuel Injectors and Unit Pumps Technician's Guide - 7SE500|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|