MBE 900 Flow Test At Nozzle Holder
Perform the following test set-up and test to determine the fuel flow at the nozzle holder:
- Remove the engine trim panel. See current MBE 900
service manual (6SE414).
- Using the injector line socket (J-46371)
, remove the injector line at cylinder #4 on the 6-cylinder engine, and at cylinder #2 on the 4-cylinder engine.
- Remove the fuel return line from the cylinder head at the same cylinder from which the injection line was removed.
- Install an adaptor and seal ring from the fuel adaptor parts kit (J-46377)
. Use the adaptor to install the fuel return line back onto the cylinder head.
- Install the injection line, as removed.
- Place a clean cloth below the opening in the adaptor to catch any fuel which leaks out of the return line during the test.
- Open the fuel fill cap to release pressure in the fuel tank.
- Start the engine and run it at slow idle, 600 to 650 rpm, until the adaptor opening appears moist. If fuel or coolant flows out of the return line, see troubleshooting table in current MBE900
service manual (6SE414)
- Increase the engine speed to 2500 rpm. At most, drops of fuel should appear at the adaptor opening. If fuel or coolant flows out of return line, see troubleshooting table in current service manual.
- Remove the adaptor and seal ring (J-46377). Restore the fuel return line to the original installation, as removed.
- Make sure the fuel fill cap is tightly closed and the vehicle has been restored to operating condition.