EGR Injector Unit Pump
The removal and installation of the EGR injector unit pump is the same as the non-EGR engine; however, the EGR injector unit pump must be programmed to coordinate with the DDEC-ECU (formerly PLD-MR).
EGR Injector Unit Pump Programming
When replacing and before installing a new EPA 04 EGR unit pump, the unit pump identification code number must be programmed into the DDEC-ECU (PLD-MR). Perform the following procedures to insert this code into the unit pump:
Note: On the top surface of each EGR unit pump, there is a unit pump identification code number. This is the number that is programmed into the DDEC-ECU (formerly PLD-MR) to coordinate the operation of the unit pumps. See Figure "Injector Unit Pump Identification Number" .
1. Injector Unit Pump
2. Injector Unit Pump Identification Number
Figure 1. Injector Unit Pump Identification Number
- Consult the minidiag2 manual for service routines.
- Select routine number 006 – Pump Line Nozzle Change.
- Enter the unit pump identification Number found on the top of the unit pump.
- Press enter.
- Press double-arrow back key.
- Turn off key and unplug minidiag2.
- Install the unit pump. Refer to "2.1.3 Injector Unit Pump Installation" .
|MBE 4000 Service Manual - 6SE412|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|