Oil Pressure/Temperature Sensor
The oil pressure/temperature sensor is located on the oil filter housing.
Perform the following procedures for removal and installation of the oil pressure/temperature sensor.
Oil Pressure/Temperature Sensor Removal
Removal the oil pressure and temperature sensor as follows:
- Loosen the oil filter cap. Lift up the cap and filter to allow the oil to drain. Inspect the O-ring for damage and replace if necessary.
- Disconnect the wiring connector from the oil pressure/temperature sensor. See Figure
"Oil Pressure/Temperature Sensor Location"
1. Oil Filter
2. Oil Pressure/Temperature Sensor
Figure 1. Oil Pressure/Temperature Sensor Location
- Remove the two bolts securing the oil pressure/temperature sensor to the oil filter.
Oil Pressure/Temperature Sensor Installation
Install the oil pressure/temperature sensor as follows:
- Position the oil pressure/temperature sensor and install the mounting screws. Tighten the fasteners 8 N·m (6 lb·ft).
- Connect the wiring harness at the oil pressure/temperature sensor.
- Using a new O-ring (if necessary), install the oil filter cap. Tighten the nut 25 N·m (18 lb·ft).
Diesel engine exhaust and some of its constituents are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
- Always start and operate an engine in a well ventilated area.
- If operating an engine in an enclosed area, vent the exhaust to the outside.
- Do not modify or tamper with the exhaust system or emission control system.
- Start the engine. Check the gauge for the correct oil pressure listed in Table ; and check the lubrication system for leaks.
- Check and add engine oil as needed.
|MBE 4000 Service Manual - 6SE412|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|