Air Compressor Flange
The air compressor flange is attached to the air compressor housing. Perform the following procedures for removal and installation of the air compressor flange and O-ring.
Removal of Air Compressor Flange
Remove as follows:
- Shut off engine and apply the parking brake, chock the wheels, disconnect vehicle battery power, and perform any other applicable safety steps.
- Remove the two bolts attaching the power steering pump to the air compressor.
Note: Do not remove the power steering lines. Tie up the lines and move the pump out of the way.
1. Power Steering Pump Mounting Bolt
5. Air Compressor Housing
2. Power Steering Pump
6. Air Compressor Mounting Bolt
7. Air Compressor Flange
4. Cross Plate
Figure 1. Air Compressor
- Remove the cross plate between the compressor and the power steering pump.
- Discard the O-ring between the power steering pump and the air compressor.
When removing the flange, make sure not to damage the crankshaft journal or crankshaft bearing.
- Remove the four bolts attaching the air compressor flange to the air compressor housing.
- Discard O-ring between the air compressor flange and air compressor housing.
- Inspect air compressor flange, bearing, and O-ring surfaces for damage. Replace if necessary.
Installation of Air Compressor Flange
Installation steps are as follows:
- Install the new O-ring between the air compressor flange and air compressor housing.
Make sure to not damage the crankshaft journal or crankshaft bearing while installing.
- Install the air compressor flange using the four bolts. Torque to 30 N·m (22 lb·ft).
Note: Use grease to hold the cross plate in place while installing the power steering pump.
- Install the cross plate.
Make sure not to damage the bolt threads when installing the power steering pump to the air compressor.
- Install the two bolts attaching the power steering pump to the air compressor. Torque to 40 N·m (30 lb·ft).
|MBE 4000 Service Manual - 6SE412|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|