A special tool is required to remove the pilot bearing (OTC 7318) .
Pilot Bearing Removal
Remove the pilot bearing as follows:
- Remove the transmission.
- Remove the clutch from the flywheel.
- Use a bearing remover to remove the pilot bearing. See Figure
"Pilot Bearing Removal"
1. Pilot Bearing (25-mm ID)
2. Pilot Bearing (30-mm ID)
Figure 1. Pilot Bearing Removal
Pilot Bearing Installation
Install the pilot bearing as follows:
- Lubricate the new bearing with longlife grease.
- Using a suitable driver and mallet, position the bearing on the crankshaft and drive it in the flywheel.
- Install the clutch on the flywheel.
- Install the transmission.
|MBE 900 Service Manual - 6SE414|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|