Engine Oil Circuit
The MBE 900 engines have a force-feed lubricating oil circuit supplied by a rotary oil pump.
Filling the Engine Oil Circuit
Fill the engine oil circuit as follows:
- Remove the cylinder head cover. Refer to "1.1.1 Cylinder Head Cover Removal" .
- Remove the screw plug from the oil-water heat exchanger. See Figure
"Filling the Engine Oil Circuit"
1. Oil-Water Heat Exchanger
3. Screw Plug
2. Shutoff Valve
Figure 1. Filling the Engine Oil Circuit
- Pressurize the pre-oiler can J-45299 to 303 kPa (44 psi), and then connect it to the heat exchanger. See Figure "Filling the Engine Oil Circuit" .
- Open the shutoff valve and check the oil at the rocker arms. When the oil flowing out at the rocker arms is free of bubbles, close the valve.
- Disconnect the pre-oiler can. Install the screw plug and a new seal at the oil-water heat exchanger. Tighten the plug 20 N·m (15 lb·ft). See Figure "Filling the Engine Oil Circuit" .
- Install the cylinder head cover. Refer to "1.1.2 Cylinder Head Cover Installation"
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
Diesel engine exhaust and some of its constituents are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
- Always start and operate an engine in a well ventilated area.
- If operating an engine in an enclosed area, vent the exhaust to the outside.
- Do not modify or tamper with the exhaust system or emission control system.
- Start the engine. Check the gauge for the correct oil pressure; check the lubrication system for leaks. Check the oil level and add if needed.
|MBE 900 Service Manual - 6SE414|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|