Intake Manifold Piping
Intake Manifold Piping Removal
Remove the intake manifold piping as follows:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Apply the parking brakes, shut down the engine, and chock the tires. Raise the hood. See Figure
"Intake Manifold Piping Removal"
1. Pipe Clamp
6. Pipe Clamp
3. Intake Manifold Inlet Pipe (cold air)
7. Mounting Bracket
4. Turbo Compressor Outlet Pipe (hot air)
8. Intake Manifold Hoses
Figure 1. Intake Manifold Piping Removal
- Loosen the hose clamps, then remove the intake manifold hoses from the pipes.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring harness at the intake air preheater.
- Remove the bolt that attaches the pipes to the mounting bracket.
- Loosen the pipe clamp, then remove the intake manifold inlet pipe (cold air) from the manifold.
- Loosen the pipe clamp, then remove the turbocharger compressor outlet pipe (hot air) from the turbocharger.
- Remove the mounting bracket from the cylinder head.
Intake Manifold Piping Installation
Install the intake manifold piping as follows:
- Install the mounting bracket to the cylinder head. Tighten the bolts 50 N·m (37 lb·ft).
- Clean the mating surfaces. Then, using new O-rings, attach the turbo compressor outlet pipe to the turbocharger. Securely tighten the pipe clamp.
- Clean the mating surfaces. Then, using new O-rings, attach the intake manifold inlet pipe to the manifold. Securely tighten the pipe clamp.
- Attach the intake manifold pipes to the mounting bracket. Tighten the bolt 50 N·m (37 lb·ft).
- Connect the electrical connector at the air intake preheater.
- Attach the hoses to the intake manifold pipes. Securely tighten the hose clamps.
- Remove the chocks from the tires.
|MBE 900 Service Manual - 6SE414|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|