Stopping the Engine
If the engine has been running at full output or the coolant temperature has been high, allow the engine to idle for one to two minutes without load. Then turn off the ignition key switch.
If any the following occur, shut down the engine immediately:
- The oil pressure swings back and forth or falls sharply.
- Engine power and rpm fall, even though the accelerator pedal remains steady.
- The exhaust pipe gives off heavy smoke.
- The coolant and/or oil temperature climb abnormally.
- Abnormal sounds suddenly occur in the engine or turbocharger.
Shutting Down After Hard Operation
After hard operation, do the following:
After hard operation, if the engine has been running at full output or the coolant temperature has been high, allow the engine to idle for one to two minutes without load. Shutting down the engine without idling may cause damage to the turbocharger.
Turn off the ignition switch and shut down the engine.
|MBE 900 Service Manual - 6SE414|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|