Crankcase Pressure Test
Perform the following steps to check the engine crankcase pressure:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Start the engine.
- Run the engine and bring the engine coolant temperature to normal operating range, approximately 88-96°C (190-205°F).
- Return engine to idle and remove the oil dipstick.
- Attach a manometer calibrated to read in kPa or inches of (H²O), to the oil dipstick opening.
- Run the vehicle to full load and rated speed.
- Measure and record crankcase pressure.
- Shut down the engine.
- Remove the manometer from the oil dipstick opening and install the dipstick.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|