Restricted Air Cleaner Element
To determine if a restricted air cleaner element is causing lack of power, perform the following steps:
- Remove the air filter element from the air cleaner container; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Visually inspect the air cleaner element for damage or clogging.
- If no damage or clogging is found, check the charge air cooler; refer to "13.6 Restricted or Cracked Charge Air Cooler" .
- If damage or clogging is found, refer to "13.5.1 Air Filter Element Replacement" .
Air Filter Element Replacement
Perform the following steps to replace the air filter element:
- Remove and replace the damaged or clogged air filter element; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Verify air filter element replacement; refer to "126.96.36.199 Test the Engine with Replaced Air Filter Element" .
Test the Engine with Replaced Air Filter Element
Perform the following steps to determine if the new air filter element has resolved lack of power:
To avoid injury before starting and running the engine, ensure the vehicle is parked on a level surface, parking brake is set, and the wheels are blocked.
- Start and run the engine.
- Test drive the vehicle to ensure lack of power has been resolved.
- If lack of power did not occur during the test drive, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut down the engine.
- If lack of power occurred during the test drive, shut down the engine. Check the charge air cooler; refer to "13.6 Restricted or Cracked Charge Air Cooler" .
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|