SPN 100/FMI 1
SPN 100/FMI 1 is typically low engine oil pressure.
The following procedures will troubleshoot SPN 100.
Low Oil Pressure Check
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot a low oil pressure fault code:
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Check for multiple codes.
- Observe the stability of the oil pressure.
- Check the oil level.
Note: An increase in the engine oil level indicates fuel may be leaking into the engine oil.
- Check the operation of the oil gage.
- Check the condition of the oil pump suction pipe.
- Check the condition of the oil pump drive and driven gears.
- Check for a faulty oil pressure relief valve.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|