SPN 100/FMI 2
The diagnosis for this code is typically erratic data from the Engine Oil Pressure Sensor.
Erratic Data From the Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Check
Check for erratic data from the Engine Oil Pressure Sensor as follows:
- With the engine shut down, all oil drained into the oil pan, and the vehicle on a level surface, check the oil level.
- Check for additional active fault codes.
- If fault code 100/3 is active in addition to code 100/2, refer to "27.4.1 Open Short to Ground Check" .
- If fault code 100/4 is active in addition to code 100/2, refer to "27.3.1 Open Short to Power Check" .
- If only fault code 100/2 is active, check and clean sensor contacts (remove any corrosion). Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|