SPN 111/FMI 3
This condition is typically an open circuit fault.
Open Circuit Check
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot an ECL Sensor open circuit fault:
- Check for multiple codes.
- If other faults are active in addition to fault 111/3, troubleshoot the other faults first.
- If only fault 111/3 is active, go to step 2 .
- Check the voltage between the CPC #3 connector (21-pin ) wire 3/11 on the ECL Sensor. See Figure
"Engine Coolant Level Sensor Installation for CPC"
Figure 1. Engine Coolant Level Sensor Installation for CPC
- Bridge wire 3/11 to battery ground.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|