SPN 175/FMI 2
This diagnosis is typically engine oil temperature out of range (drifted low/high).
Note: When diagnosing rationality erratic data faults (FMI 2) always refer to SILs or SIBs or any known issues first.
Rationality Check for Temperature Drift
Check for temperature drift as follows:
- Check engine oil level. Add oil if needed and recheck for fault codes. If SPN 175/FMI 2 is still active, go to step 2 .
- Disconnect the Engine Oil Temperature Sensor. See Figure "Engine Oil Pressure/Temp Sensor Wiring" .
- Inspect the Engine Oil Temperature Sensor for bent, spread or corroded pins. If pin damage is found, repair as necessary or replace the sensor. Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs"
Figure 1. Engine Oil Pressure/Temp Sensor Wiring
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|