SPN 723/FMI 3
The diagnostic condition is typically an open circuit.
Open Circuit Check
Check as follows:
Figure 1. Camshaft Position Sensor
- Disconnect CMP Sensor
- Measure the resistance across pins 1 and 2 of the CMP Sensor.See Figure "MCM — Camshaft Position Sensor Schematic" .
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance across pins 1 and 2 of the CMP harness connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the CMP harness connector and pin 48 of the MCM 120 pin connector
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 of the CMP harness connector and pin 45 of the MCM 120 pin connector.
- If the resistance is greater then 5 ohms, repair open between pin 2 of the CMP harness connector and pin 45 of the MCM 120–pin connector. Refer to "22.214.171.124 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, review steps 2 through 6 . If the results are the same, contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|