SPN 723/FMI 14
A typical diagnosis is swapped pins.
Swapped Pins Check
Perform the following step to troubleshoot pins swapped.
- If fault code 723/14 is active, check the engine speed sensor for reversed polarity.
- Reseat the camshaft and crankshaft sensors.
- Ensure that the 120-pin connector wires are not crossed. If crossed, repair as necessary. See Figure
"Camshaft Position Sensor"
. Refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs"
Figure 1. Camshaft Position Sensor
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|