SPN 1636/FMI 14
This code indicates that the Intake Manifold Temperature Sensor has failed a self test.
Check the temperature as follows:
Note: Prior to performing this diagnostic procedure the engine must have a minimum of a three hour soak (cool down).
- Connect DDDL 7.0.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Monitor the intake manifold, engine oil, engine coolant, EGR and turbo outlet temperature parameters.
- Are any of the temperature readings 15°F greater or less than that of the other sensors?
- Prepare DDDL 7.0 for a snapshot.
- Start the engine, idle for 30 seconds, then TURN THE ENGINE OFF.
- Review the intake manifold, engine oil, engine coolant, EGR and turbo outlet temperature parameters on snapshot.
- Are any of the temperature readings 20°F greater or less than that of the other sensors?
- If yes, inspect the suspect temperature sensors electrical connector for corrosion, bent or spread pins, repair as necessary. If there are no repairs, replace suspect temperature sensor. Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs" .
- If no, review steps 3 through 8 . If the results are the same, contact the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800).
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|