SPN 2791/FMI 4
This diagnosis is typically short to ground.
Short Circuit Check
Check for a short as follows:
- Check for multiple codes.
- Disconnect EGR valve connector.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pin 2 of the EGR valve connector and ground. See Figure
Figure 1. EGR Valve
- If the voltage is greater than 11.5 volts, replace the EGR valve.
- If the voltage is less than 11.5 volts, repair the open between pin 2 of the EGR valve connector and pin 62 of the MCM 120–pin connector.
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 1 of the EGR valve connector and ground.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|