SPN 4227/FMI 7
This diagnosis is typically maximum duration time reached for the oil separator.
Open Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Electrostatic Oil Separator.
- Disconnect the MCM 120–pin connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 3 of the Electrostatic Oil Separator harness connector and pin 107 of the MCM 120–pin connector.
- If the resistance is greater than 3 Ω, repair the open circuit between pin 3 of the Electrostatic Oil Separator harness connector and pin 107 of the MCM 120–pin connector. Refer to "188.8.131.52 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is less than 3 Ω, replace the Electrostatic Oil Separator. The replacement procedure may be found in the MBE 900 EPA07 Service Manual (6SE9007), refer to 1.2.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 900 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE580|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|