Drain the supply manifold oil rail before removing the fuel injectors to prevent leakage into the cylinder bore.
The supply manifold oil rail must be drained prior to removing the fuel injectors to prevent leakage into the cylinder bore.
Drain Supply Manifold
Drain the supply manifold as follows:
- Remove the supply manifold end plug from the supply manifold.
- Install a new O-ring and backup ring onto the end plug and install into the supply manifold. Torque plug.
Removal of Supply Manifold
Disconnect the supply manifold as follows:
- Loosen the nuts and disconnect the high pressure oil supply hose from the Injection Control Pressure (ICP) Sensor elbow and the high pressure pump.
- Disconnect the fuel supply line from the fuel filter header to the supply manifold.
- If it is necessary to remove the supply manifold, disconnect the fuel return line and remove the 12 mounting bolts securing the supply manifold to the cylinder head.
- Remove the supply manifold and gasket. Discard the gasket.
Disconnect the sensor as follows:
- Remove ICP sensor and O-ring from the front elbow of the supply manifold.
- Discard O-ring and replace.
|Series 40E Service Manual - 6SE410|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|