Oil Pick-Up Tube
Use these guidelines to remove and install the oil pick-up tube.
Removal of Oil Pick-up Tube
Perform the following steps to remove the oil pick-up tube.
- With pulley damper removed, remove the oil pick-up tube as follows: See Figure
"Removing Oil Pick-up Tube "
1. Oil Pick-up Tube Mounting Bolt
2. Oil Pick-up Tube
4. Front Cover
Figure 1. Removing Oil Pick-up Tube
- Remove the two (2) retaining bolts at the front cover.
- Support oil pick-up tube and remove retaining bolt at support bracket.
- Remove the pick-up tube and gasket. Discard gasket.
Installation of Oil Pick-up Tube
Perform the following steps to install the oil pick-up tube.
- Install two (2) oil pick up tube mounting bolts and place new gasket into position.
- Align holes of oil pick-up tube with two (2) holes in front cover. Secure oil pick-up tube to front cover.
- Align oil pick-up tube with support bracket and secure using one (1) bolt. Torque to specifications. Refer to Specifications in Section 1.A.
- Torque two (2) front bolts to specifications. Refer to Specifications
in Section 1.A.
Note: If stress occurs when tightening the mounting bolt of the oil pick-up tube mounting bracket after the front bolts are tightened, replace tube. If no stress occurs, torque the bracket bolt to specifications. Refer to Specifications in Section 1.A.
|Series 40E Service Manual - 6SE410|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|