Empty Fuel Tank
To determine if an empty fuel tank is causing starting difficulty, perform the following:
- Determine the amount of fuel in fuel tank; refer to OEM guidelines.
Low Fuel Level Resolution
Perform the following steps to resolve low fuel level:
- Fill fuel tank to full; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Verify fuel tank refill; refer to "220.127.116.11 Test Engine with Filled Tank" .
Test Engine with Filled Tank
Perform the following steps to determine if a filled fuel tank resolved starting difficulty:
- Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut the engine down.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the ECM wiring harness; refer to "17.2 Electronic Control Module Wiring Harness" .
|Series 50 Service Manual - 6SE50|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|