Low Cranking Speed
To determine if low cranking speed is causing starting difficulty, perform the following steps:
- Install a tachometer to the engine and record engine revolution while cranking the engine; refer to OEM for guidelines.
Low Cranking Speed Repair
Perform the following for low cranking speed repair:
- Drain the engine oil. Refer to "13.5.1 Lubricating Oil" .
- Remove oil filter(s); refer to "3.5.2 Cleaning and Removal of Oil Filter" .
- Install new oil filter(s); refer to "3.5.3 Installation of Oil Filter" .
- Refill the lubrication system with new oil; refer to "13.5.1 Lubricating Oil" .
- Verify low cranking speed repair; refer to "220.127.116.11 Test Engine with Replaced Oil" .
Test Engine with Replaced Oil
Perform the following to determine if the replaced oil resolved starting difficulty:
- Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut the engine down.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the fuel supply valve; refer to "17.8 Fuel Supply Valve" .
|Series 50 Service Manual - 6SE50|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|