Fuel Supply Valve
To determine if the fuel supply valve is causing starting difficulty, perform the following steps:
- Check that fuel supply valve is open; refer to OEM guidelines.
Fuel Supply Valve Repair
Perform the following for fuel supply valve repair:
- Open the closed valve; refer to "2.8.2 Fuel Return System Check Valve" .
- Prime the fuel system; refer to "2.7.1 Replacement of Fuel Filter" .
- Verify fuel supply valve repair; refer to "188.8.131.52 Test Engine with Fuel Supply Valve Open" .
Test Engine with Fuel Supply Valve Open
Perform the following to determine if opening the fuel supply valve resolved starting difficulty:
- Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut the engine down.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the fuel filters; refer to "17.9 Plugged Fuel Filter(S)" .
|Series 50 Service Manual - 6SE50|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|