To determine if aerated fuel is causing starting difficulty, perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the fuel line return hose from the fitting located at the fuel tank; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Place the opened end of the fuel line into a suitable container.
- Start the engine.
- Run the engine at 1000 r/min.
- Visually check to see if air bubbles are rising to the surface of the fuel within the container.
Aerated Fuel Resolution
Perform the following for aerated fuel resolution:
- Shut down engine.
- Tighten all fuel line connections between fuel tank and fuel pump; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Visually inspect all fuel lines between fuel tank and fuel pump for leaks.
- Replace damaged components as required; refer to OEM guidelines.
- Verify aerated fuel resolution; refer to "22.214.171.124 Test Engine with Aerated Fuel Resolution" .
Test Engine with Aerated Fuel Resolution
Perform the following to determine if aerated fuel resolution resolved starting difficulty:
- Attempt to start and run the engine.
- If the engine starts and runs, no further troubleshooting is required. Shut the engine down.
- If the engine fails to start and run, check the air filter; refer to "17.12 Restrictive Air Filter" .
|Series 50 Service Manual - 6SE50|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|