Fuel System Learn Procedure
Fill in the AFR table for the Fuel System as follows:
Note: Use a chassis dynamometer to apply loads to the engine whenever appropriate as an alternative to on-highway vehicle operation.
- Fill in the AFR table values from idle to No Load speed for the unloaded portion as follows:
- Fill in the AFR table values from idle to Stall speed for the loaded portion as follows:
- Fill in the AFR table above the Stall speed for the unloaded portion as follows:
Note: The engine must operate in this speed/boost range for a moderate length of time. The AFR table will not completely fill in just passing through this range.
Note: The best method to apply a load through Stall speed to 2100 RPM is to drive the vehicle up a hill, locked into a lower gear to prevent transmission shifting. If a hill is not available, lock the vehicle in low gear and accelerate from a stop to 2100 RPM full load.
- Road test the vehicle as follows:
- Operate the engine through a variety of speed and loads while looking for any misfires.
- If a particular RPM/Manifold pressure range still experiences misfire, then operate the engine around that point by running through that range slowly.
- Repeat step and step until the engine runs smooth without any lean misfires. A smooth running engine means the Fuel System Learn Procedure is complete.
|Series 50G and 60G Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE482|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|