Accessories and Brackets
Check all accessories and brackets located on or near the engine as follows:
- Open engine compartment doors.
- Start the engine using the controls located at the engine bay.
- Turn the vehicle air conditioning on.
- Slowly take the engine from idle to 2100 RPM and back down to idle over a one minute time period.
- Observe and inspect the air conditioner, air compressor, generator, hydraulic pumps, fan clutches, etc. and their associated brackets for excessive vibration or uncommon operation.
- If there is no vibration or uncommon operation, check the Valve and Injector Operating Mechanisms. Refer to "4.11 Valve and Injector Operating Mechanisms" .
- If there is excessive vibration or the accessories are not firmly attached, repair and install the respective accessory properly. Repeat step and confirm proper operation.
- Connect the DDR or DDDL.
Note: Use the Pro-Link kit to connect the DDR. Use PC card installed in the computer to connect the DDDL.
- Check for Knock Codes. If the no Knock Codes are present, troubleshooting is done.
|Series 50G and 60G Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE482|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|