To determine if any ECM problems apply to the engine Backfire condition, perform the following:
- Turn on the ignition. Plug the Diagnostic Data Reader (DDR) or the Detroit Diesel Diagnostic Link (DDDL) into the Diagnostic Connector.
Note: Use the Pro-Link kit to connect the DDR. Use PC card installed in the computer to connect the DDDL.
- Use the DDR or DDDL to display which ECM is on the engine.
- Use the DDR or DDDL to confirm that the proper calibration is in the ECM.
- If the improper calibration is in the ECM, call Detroit Diesel Technical Service.
- If the proper calibration is in the ECM, go to step 4 .
- Determine whether the backfire is taking place during engine deceleration or during engine shutdown.
|Series 50G and 60G Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE482|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|