Flywheel Wear Sleeve
A steel sleeve is fitted to the flywheel to provide a sealing surface for the rear main oil seal. See Figure "Flywheel Wear Sleeve" .
3.Flywheel Wear Sleeve
2.Rear Oil Sleeve
Figure 1. Flywheel Wear Sleeve
Repair or Replacement of Flywheel Wear Sleeve
To determine whether repair is possible or replacement is necessary, perform the following procedure. See Figure "Repair or Replacement of Flywheel Flowchart" .
Removal of Flywheel Wear Sleeve
Pre-cleaning is not necessary. Remove the Flywheel wear sleeve as follows:
- Remove the transmission assembly. Refer to OEM instructions.
- Remove the flywheel. Refer to "1.12.2 Removal of Flywheel" .
- Position wear sleeve remover J 41592 behind wear sleeve.
- Tighten center screw on J 41592 to remove wear sleeve from flywheel. See Figure
"Flywheel Wear Sleeve Removal"
1.Rear Wear Sleeve
Figure 2. Flywheel Wear Sleeve Removal
Installation of Flywheel Wear Sleeve
Install the flywheel wear sleeve as follows:
- Position the wear sleeve over the flywheel.
- Using the drive handle of wear sleeve installer J 41593, tap the wear sleeve onto the flywheel. See Figure
"Flywheel Wear Sleeve Installation"
2.Rear Wear Sleeve
Figure 3. Flywheel Wear Sleeve Installation
- Install flywheel. Refer to "1.12.3 Installation of Flywheel" .
- Install transmission assembly. Refer to OEM instructions.
|Series 55 Service Manual - 6SE55|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|