Section 2.13 Oil Pressure Sensor
Oil Pressure Sensor
The Oil Pressure Sensor (OPS) is installed into the main engine oil gallery. The OPS sends an electrical signal to the ECM indicating engine oil pressure. A low pressure signal exceeding seven seconds is used by the ECM to activate the Stop Engine
function. See Figure
"Engine Oil Pressure Sensor"
1.Oil Pressure Sensor
2.Oil Temperature Sensor
Figure 1. Engine Oil Pressure Sensor
Replacement of OPS
The OPS is non-serviceable and should be replaced as a unit. No adjustment or repair is required.
Removal of OPS
Remove the OPS as follows:
- Disengage the locking tang on the three-wire connector.
- Grasp the body of the connector and gently pull it free of the OPS.
- Use a hex wrench on the end of the OPS to unscrew it from the engine.
Installation of OPS
Install the OPS as follows:
- Use Loctite Pipe Sealer with Teflon PT 7260
(or equivalent) on all but the first two threads of the OPS to prevent leaks.
- Place the sensor on the engine and, using a hex wrench, install the OPS.
- Place the connector in the socket, and engage the locking tang.
- Turn the ignition to the "ON" position. Observe any diagnostic codes. If any code other than 25 is obtained, refer to Troubleshooting Manual ,
or call Detroit Diesel Technical Service (313) 592-7282.