Oil Pressure Sensor
The Oil Pressure Sensor (OPS) is installed into the main engine oil gallery. The OPS sends an electrical signal to the ECM indicating engine oil pressure. A low pressure signal exceeding seven seconds is used by the ECM to activate the Stop Engine or Warning function. See Figure "Engine Oil Pressure Sensor" .
1.Oil Pressure Sensor
2.Oil Temperature Sensor
Figure 1. Engine Oil Pressure Sensor
Replacement of OPS
The OPS is non-serviceable and should be replaced as a unit. No adjustment or repair is required.
Removal of OPS
Remove the OPS as follows:
- Disengage the locking tang on the three-wire connector.
- Grasp the body of the connector and gently pull it free of the OPS.
- Use a hex wrench on the end of the OPS to unscrew it from the engine.
Installation of OPS
Install the OPS as follows:
- Use Loctite Pipe Sealer with Teflon PT 7260 (or equivalent) on all but the first two threads of the OPS to prevent leaks.
- Place the sensor on the engine and, using a hex wrench, install the OPS.
- Place the connector in the socket, and engage the locking tang.
- Turn the ignition to the "ON" position. Observe any diagnostic codes. If any code other than 25 is obtained, refer to Troubleshooting Manual , or call Detroit Diesel Technical Service (313) 592-7282.
|Series 55 Service Manual - 6SE55|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|