Air Temperature Sensor
The Air Temperature Sensor (ATS) is mounted on the lower side of the air intake manifold. See Figure "Air Temperature Sensor " .
1.Air Temperature Sensor Connector
3.Air Inlet Manifold
2.Air Temperature Sensor
Figure 1. Air Temperature Sensor
Replacement of Air Temperature Sensor
The ATS is non-serviceable and should be replaced as a unit. No adjustment is required.
Removal of Air Temperature Sensor
Remove the ATS as follows:
- Disengage the locking tang on the two-wire connector.
- Grasp the body of the connector, and gently pull it free of the socket.
- Use a hex wrench on the end of the ATS to unscrew it from the engine.
Installation of Air Temperature Sensor
Install the ATS as follows:
- Use Loctite Pipe Sealer with Teflon J 26558-92 (or equivalent) on all but the first two threads of the ATS to prevent leaks.
- Place the sensor on the engine and using a hex wrench install the ATS.
- Place the connector in the socket, and engage the locking tang.
- Turn the ignition to the "on" position. Observe any diagnostic codes. If any code other than 25 is obtained, refer to Troubleshooting Manual, or call Detroit Diesel Technical Service (313) 592-7282.
|Series 55 Service Manual - 6SE55|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|