Coolant Temperature Sensor
The Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) is mounted on the right rear corner of the cylinder head, behind the turbocharger. The CTS sends an electrical signal to the ECM indicating the engine coolant temperature. The CTS activates engine protection if coolant temperature exceeds the specified limits. See Figure "Coolant Temperature Sensor Location" .
1. Air Intake Sensor
Figure 1. Coolant Temperature Sensor Location
Repair or Replacement of Coolant Temperature Sensor
The CTS is non-serviceable, and is replaced as a unit. No adjustment is required.
Removal of Coolant Temperature Sensor
Remove the CTS as follows:
- Disengage locking tang on two wire connector.
- Grasp body of the connector and gently pull it from the socket.
- Use the appropriate wrench on the hex portion of the sensor and unscrew it from the cylinder head.
Installation of Coolant Temperature Sensor
Install the CTS as follows:
- Apply Loctite® pipe sealant with Teflon PT-7260 or equivalent on all but first two threads.
- Install CTS to the cylinder head.
- Torque to 102-127 N·m (75-94 lb·ft).
- Carefully fasten two-wire connector onto sensor and engage locking tang.
|Series 60 Service Manual - 6SE483|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|