Exhaust Temperature Sensor for the Series 60G Engines
The Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor is threaded into the exhaust pipe within 12 inches of the turbocharger turbine outlet. The device is a temperature sensor that provides an electrical signal to the ECM. The sensor is electrically connected to the ECM through the engine sensor wiring harness. Temperature data from the sensor is used for engine protection and diagnostics.
Replacement of the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
The Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor is non-serviceable and must be replaced as an assembly. No adjustment is required.
Removal of the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
Remove the exhaust gas temperature sensor as follows:
- Disengage the connector from the engine sensor harness.
- Loosen the nut and remove sensor from the exhaust pipe.
Installation of the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
Install the exhaust gas temperature sensor as follows:
- Insert in fitting in the exhaust pipe.
- Tighten nut.
- Connect sensor to engine sensor wire harness.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position. Observe or read any diagnostic codes. If any codes other than 25 appears, refer to the DDEC II/IV Troubleshooting Guide, 6SE497.
|Series 60 Service Manual - 6SE483|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|